Sunday, August 30, 2009

Watch Out Hallmark!

Look who's making greeting cards now.....eh? eh?......this girl! I've started using my photography to make greeting cards. I have so much fun with this because the possibilities are endless. Just for giggles, I made this card:

The photo taken for the front of the card is of a bridge crossing the Susquehanna River, while I'm standing on City Island. I converted it to black and white, and voila! You have a "come home safe card". It's easy to find "good luck" cards or "miss you" cards, but none that really pertain to the military. This would be a good general card for an acquaintance's son or daughter that you don't want to get too personal with.

Although I believe Valentine's Day is yet another way for corporate America to make money, I swallowed my jealousy....I mean pride, to design this card:
My husband sent me a dozen roses for my birthday because he's away at training, so I took a picture of just one rose, up close. The detail my camera picks up is amazing. Then I added the inside to make you gag.

And it's never too soon to start thinking about the holidays: the inlaws, stringing up the lights, getting trampled by 5am shopppers....no wait, in my world, make that 12pm shoppers. What the heck is 5am?

I just love Christmas. These cards are going to be available on our website soon. We are going to have 4 1/4'' x 5 1/2'' note cards (which look like the quarter fold cards you can make on your computer) and general greeting size cards 5''x7''. My goal is to make cards for a bunch of categories, including birthday, inspirational, thank you, just because, love, friendship, get well, etc. Then I'll put them all out at once. I'm plugging away so make sure to check out our website periodically to see if they're up.

No comments:

Post a Comment