Friday, October 9, 2009

Feature Friday: Refreshed with Roses


I have spent years trying to get my husband to understand that sending a woman flowers JUST BECAUSE makes her feel so refreshed and appreciated. Well, it took him getting sent overseas for 7 months to get it, but better late than never!

Since fall is rapidly approaching, and as much as I love this season, I wanted to bring back the vibrant colors of spring for this Feature Friday. Like I said, my husband is currently overseas on a deployment, and about a week ago, he sent me roses just because he misses me. Awwwww. I know, I know, ::gag::. They couldn't have come at a better time though. I was having the worst day. I couldn't get the printers working (that's right, there was more than one), a cat stepped on the power converter and reset the computer in the middle of me working on my website, the dog was being extra-needy......shall I go on bitchin'?

Anyways, just when I was about to throw in the towel, along comes a knock at our front door, followed by a growl from my dog, and the UPS man running across the front yard. FLOWERS!!!!!! I yanked the string to pull the blinds up in my work room to let the sun beat in, put the beautiful flowers in a decorative glass vase, took a long, deep breath and all of a sudden, I felt refreshed. I felt like everything that happened prior to that moment just didn't matter anymore, and that what was more important was that my husband, who is 8,000 miles away, was thinking of me.
It's amazing how little moments like that can really put life in perspective. Something as small and insignificant as a dozen roses, end up being the most significant. Even from thousands of miles away, my husband can still make me smile. (Guess I shouldn't complain about the mound of laundry he left laying in the middle of our floor!)


Thank you so much for reading this week's Feature Friday. Next week, I'm going to be sharing something so near and dear to my heart, that you're not going to want to miss it: my late grandmother's Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. These are absolutely to die for....they're bananas! (Thank you Rachel Zoe for that phrase you should have copyrighted)

No comments:

Post a Comment